Application Instructions for Academic Positions
- What you need to know before applying
- Applying to multiple positions
- 'Application Complete' Notification
- Draft Submission Mode
- Getting help with your online application
- Technical requirements
Before applying for a faculty position you will require the following information for your application:
- Your contact details, including email address and telephone number.
- The date of your highest or most relevant degree earned and the name of the degree-granting institution
- A cover letter and curriculum vitae (CV) together in one document [PDF (.pdf) or Word (.doc) file format].
- The names and contact information for three references. Remember to arrange to have your referees send their letters of reference directly to the hiring department. DO NOT attach reference letters to your application.
- Other attachments as requested in position advertisement. PLEASE NOTE:
- Please note: there is a maximum of 15 attachments per candidate, (8.3 MB file size limit per attachment)
- Apply online only. There is no need to send a copy to the Chair or Department
- Send only materials requested in the posting. Several items can be combined into one attachment
If you apply for two or more positions, please note that the maximum 15 attachments is per candidate profile, not per application. You may use the same CV or other documents in each application by indicating it is a Relevant File in your attachment list.
If you require more attachment slots you must either:
- Combine each set of application materials into one or two attachments -or-
- Create a new candidate profile with a unique email address.
IMPORTANT: Do not use two profiles to apply for the same position.Do not delete attachments for any positions for which you are still under consideration; they will not be seen by the hiring department.
Your application is not complete until you see the following confirmation:
You will also receive an application acknowledgement notice by email.
Incomplete applications will not be received by the hiring department and will not be considered.
If you do not receive an email acknowledgement that your application has been submitted, please check to ensure your application is not in draft submission mode.
From the Academic Employment Opportunities job listing page, click 'My Account Options'
Login with your user name and password
Click the 'My Jobpage' tab
If the position is under Draft Submissions, click 'Finish Job Submission'
Move through the steps until you reach the Summary page
If you chose not to enter information at a step, click the 'Save and Continue' button to progress
Click the 'Submit' button
You will now see the above confirmation that your submission is complete and you will receive an acknowledgement by email.
- Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for more information regarding the online application process for academic recruitment
- Additional instruction can also be found on our How to Use the Online Application System (Taleo) page.
For information about a specific academic position, please email the contact listed in the job description.
General inquiries and technical questions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The online application system is best viewed using Internet Explorer for Windows computers, and Safari on Mac OS X computers. We recommend a minimum screen width of 960 pixels.
Supported Operating Systems
Windows XP SP3, Vista, 7, and 8 OR Mac OS X 10.6 - 10.8
Windows / PC
Internet Explorer (IE) 7,8,9, or 10 with latest updates,
Firefox - latest stable version
Chrome - latest stable version
Safari 5.1 and above
Please be aware of the following additional technical requirements:
- Mobile devices (iPhones, iPads, Blackberrys etc) are not supported at this time.
- The following browsers are no longer supported:
- Do not use back and forward buttons in your browser. This will interrupt the application process and may cause you to lose valuable data you have entered. Use the navigation buttons within your application flow.