Using the online application system
Please be aware of the following technical requirements:
- Our online application system is compatible with the latest versions of major browsers like Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome and Safari.
- Pop-up blockers may interfere with the Taleo application. We encourage you to update your pop-up blocker settings in your browser to allow all pop-ups on utoronto.taleo.net.
- Mobile devices (iPhones, iPads, Blackberrys etc) are not supported at this time.
- The following browsers are no longer supported:
- Internet Explorer on Mac
- Do not user back and forward buttons in your browser. This will interrupt the application process and may cause you to lose valuable data you have entered. Use the navigation buttons within your application flow.
- What you need to know before applying
- Applying to Multiple Positions
- Application Complete Notification
- Draft Submission Mode
- Getting Help With Your Online Application
Before applying for a faculty position you will require the following information for your application:
- Your contact details, including email address and telephone number.
- The date of your highest or most relevant degree earned and the name of the degree-granting institution
- A cover letter and curriculum vitae (C.V.) together in one document (PDF (.pdf) or Word (.doc) file format).
- The names and contact information for three references. Remember to arrange to have your referees send their letters of reference directly to the hiring department. DO NOT attach reference letters to your application.
- Other attachments as requested in position advertisement. PLEASE NOTE:
- Please note: there is a maximum of 5 attachments per candidate, (10 MB file size limit per attachment)
- Apply online only. There is no need to send a copy to the Chair or Department
- Send only materials requested in the posting. Several items can be combined into one attachment
If you apply for two or more positions, please note that the maximum 5 attachments is per candidate profile, not per application. You may use the same CV in each application by indicating it is a Relevant File in your attachment list.
If you require more attachment slots you must either:
- Combine each set of application materials into one or two attachments -or-
- Create a new candidate profile with a unique email address.
IMPORTANT: Do not use two profiles to apply for the same position.Do not delete attachments for any positions for which you are still under consideration; they will not be seen by the hiring department.
Your application is not complete until you see the following confirmation:
You will also receive an application acknowledgement notice by email.
Incomplete applications will not be received by the hiring department and will not be considered.
If you do not receive an email acknowledgement that your application has been submitted, please check to ensure your application is not in draft submission mode.
From the Academic Employment Opportunities job listing page, click My Account Options
Login with your user name and password
Click the My Jobpage tab
If the position is under Draft Submissions, click "Finish Job Submission"
Move through the steps until you reach the Summary page
If you chose not to enter information at a step, click the Save and Continue button to progress
Click the Submit button
You will now see the above confirmation that your submission is complete and you will receive an acknowledgement by email.
- Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for more information regarding the online application process for academic recruitment
- Additional instruction can also be found on our Tips for using the online application system.
For information about a specific academic position, please email the contact listed in the job description.
General inquiries and technical questions should be sent to email@example.com.